1. Basics and Benefits with AIS
AIS improves safety at sea
- Fast assistance in emergencies by its automatic communication and transmission of relevant data.
- Nautical information and warnings can be easily and quickly sent by to ships in their area of responsibility.
- No Radar shadows for AIS VDL
- The functionality is never impaired by bad weather conditions
- In addition to radar the AIS significantly improves safety of crew, ship and cargo
- With AIS you can "look around the corner"
3. AIS Technical Details
|Kanäle||2||(AIS1 + AIS2)|
|Slots per Frame||2250|
|Bits per Second||9600||bps|
The Captain of a SOLAS-Vessel may see a yacht like the picture below:
This might be the remaining reaction time without an AIS-Transponder on board of a yacht (receive and transmit)